I am not a hippy. I’m not a crusty. I’m not a gypsy. I work for a living. I pay my taxes and I am a responsible citizen. I believe in recycling. I do not litter. But I want a simple life and so with my husband I’m moving into a van. Maybe we will hate it. Or maybe this is the beginning of a new life.

In search of another life

"They danced down the streets like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn..."

Jack Kerouac

Monday 26 July 2010

Life...

People who live in vans come from all walks of life but they seem to have one thing in common: everyone is open. Both Reg and I have spent years travelling and living abroad and the two main reasons we love Asian countries are that people there are friendly and they spend a lot of time outdoors. Now finally we have found a community like that in our own country.

This is a wonderful way to live and having met such a friendly and welcoming bunch of people we are wondering whether we really would like to live like this for many years to come….?

No comments:

Post a Comment